Jan 11, 2021
In today's episode, learn from slow to go: 22 Months of Failed
Deals To millions annually in closed deals with Philip Blake.
Phil Blake is the founder of Stride Investment Group, Inc, one
of the top-performing wholesale operations in Metro-Detroit with
subsidiary branches in Charlotte, NC, and Raleigh, NC.
S.I.G operates 100% virtually while averaging 100 deals per year,
keeping the core values of Passion, Perseverance, and Progress
close to heart.
He was born in Detroit, MI, and also has a Bachelor of Science
in Mechanical Engineering. Phil Blake also participates in
lucrative commercial real estate transactions, having recently set
his focus & resources on the acquisition of multi-family
apartments, self-storage, and mobile home parks.
In his personal life, Phil Blake is big on health, diet, &
fitness and giving back by actively mentoring those who seek
financial freedom through real estate.
Listen to the full episode as Philip Blake answered our HOT SEAT
questions directly to the point and learn actionable tips and key
metrics that will help you along your journey!
- 4:00 Pivoting from College grad Engineer to working in Real
Estate (How reading got me into real estate)
- 9:54 Maxed out my $1500 credit card to get my first deal
- 14:00- 16:50 Investing in a mentor the benefits (the trust,
framework, blueprint and valuing the knowledge
- 17:30 Sacrifices to success
- 20:00- Perseverance 18 months of investing and going to school
how I finally got my first deal!!
- 23:28 After First Deal $30,000 over asking to make $50,000
- 26:25 A Year and a half of getting properties under contract
and not closing
- 27:20 Philips mindset caused deals to fall out of escrow, how
- 29:39 Flat Fee listing agents to move your deals.
- 31:00 Let’s talk Memorandum of Agreement (Link in the show
- 37:25 Scaling from 15 deals a year to 100 deals
- 40:06-43:02 Taking my business to a new level expanding to be
- 43:12 -46:50 How to hire your team
- 48:20 The power of masterminds
- 49:24 Philips perspective on competition and debunking the
saturated market questions
- 54:09 Less deals and more profit, how is this possible
58:30 Choosing different Market’s
- 1:02:04-1:03:35 Building different virtual teams in different
- 1:08:09-Pivoting to commercial markets
- Hot Seat 1:20:15
𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐏𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐩 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐭:
Thanks for listening to this episode! And, if you enjoyed this
episode, please share it on social media using the social share
buttons below, and don't forget to leave a short review on
Also, if you want to learn more about real estate wholesaling,
feel free to visit my website and youtube
channel. If you get value from the videos and content
we’re putting out, please subscribe.⠀
Schedule Your 15 Minutes Free Consultation with Marcus at:
𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐛 𝐦𝐲 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐁𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫:
Assignment Agreement Link:
15 Questions to validate your seller:
𝐉𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐭:
Also, find the show on Feedspot: https://blog.feedspot.com/real_estate_podcasts
Enjoy the Real Estate Journey!